Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Power Pegging the top ten SuperFoods

A thought suddenly came to me as I was typing. How many of us have all of these great mnemonic learning devices that we teach to our kids, but we don't use them for ourselves? I mean, how great would it be to pull out our power pegs to use for remembering our groceries or our errands? How about power pegging our chores? Well whatever you decide to use your pegs for, is up to you. If you aren't already familiar with this great program I love called Quantum Learning, then it might be time to get acquainted with its wonder. Check it out for yourself and let me know what you think of this powerful teaching system and its tools for building both social character and learning tools, all at once.

http://www.quantumlearning.com/

...We will talk more about this later. Meanwhile, let's attach nutrition to the classroom. When you are ducking from all the sneezing and flying tissues, you need to be stuffing your face with these amazing superfoods. What's more, is that if you can remember them all, when you go shopping and recipe hunting for ways to utilize these foods into your mealtimes, you'll have them attached to a peg...and then you'll most likely not forget them soon! I'd love to do a video to show you how to add the hand gestures to the pegs, but I mostly hope that you already know them. (videos coming soon.)

Now, as I'm about ready to list some super foods, I'm noticing that I have about five different CONFLICTING lists out in front of me from a variety of frontrunners on nutrition, and I will share the most nutrient dense selections from each of the lists. Let me know what you think.

Here they are.

1 son: Kale
2 eyes: avocado
3 triangle: almonds
4 floor: coconut and olive oil
5 fingers: dark chocolate and cacao nibs
6 sticks: wild caught fish
7 up: eggs
8 octopus: green tea
9 baseball: blueberries
10 hen: maca root

More on this later. Next, we will be singing a song to remember all of the nutrients in each power food! Just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment